November 3, 2017

On "Your Reality"

Hey wonderful supporters,

I'm in the process of changing some things up over here as I focus more on my music and put my books aside for a little bit. (Yes, d-VOR-ak fans, it will be back, but it will be a while.) In the midst of all of my construction, I've had something really interesting and fun happen to me that I want to share with you.

Doki Doki Literature Club is an amazing game that quite frankly I haven't made it all the way through, just because it is literally that messed up sometimes. Yeah, it looks like a super cute and fluffy dating sim, but that is literally just a buttercream layer that disguises the trouble underneath. This is NOT a game for the faint of heart or the easily scared, and most of my exposure of the game has been experiencing it in reverse, which in retrospect I'm glad I did. No spoilers, but if I had played this blind, I wouldn't love it nearly as much as I do.


The ending theme song is a track entitled "Your Reality," in which side character Monika sings about her love for the main character (that's you!). I took the song, embraced the sound of Act 3's space oddities, and made my own version of the song that's now available on SoundCloud and, as of right now, BandCamp. We're working to get the song available in more places, it's just the logistics of having everything in the right place at the right time.




As mentioned, the song is available on SoundCloud; if you hit the 'buy' link, you can download it on BandCamp as well!

I'm still hard at work at making something that everybody will appreciate, and I'm glad that my fans have patience. Within the next month or so I'll be coming out with a few new tracks, and I will complete the move of this song to full promotion. Thank you for your support this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment